So Jason told me last night that my last post was depressing and a tad bit dramatic. It has been a long week--I think I am allowed to be a bit dramatic and depressed. I am hopeful that as I am writing this morning that things may be looking up a bit but of course we are still in the "let's wait and see" mode. But hey at least all my Christmas shopping is done and the gifts are all wrapped--I think this morning I may start wrapping our "cousin" presents I have hidden in the attic. I cannot do it with the twins around because they would start opening things and playing with them!! Any way, yesterday, to take my mind off things I made a really cute purse--I cannot say who it is for (because I haven't sent it yet) but it's a long overdue "thank you" to ***** from all of us and we hope you like it when it arrives. Today, I am hoping to either make this adorable dress I cute out earlier this week or to finally make my purse--which may be my cutest one yet!!
It is amazing to me how at stressful times you can either let yourself get consumed and grumpy and miserable (I don't think I have been grumpy--just dramatic) and in doing this, push everything that really matters away. Or, you can take this opportunity to "count your blessings" and remember what does really matter in life. I know that no matter what I will always have Jason and the kids. And we can make it through any trial that comes our way. Now, I have not yet become one of those crazy people who welcomes trials with open arms--because we all do know that with trials comes growth and blessing we cannot even see yet--but at least I do know I can make it through them with my wonderful husband by my side and my Heavenly Father guiding my hand. I guess the point of my post is--gratitude. And when we feel overwhelmed just count your blessing how ever you can. Me, I went back through all the photos on my computer from the last nine years and I found plenty to be thankful for :) May we all be able to push through our trials until we can see the blessings that await us and always remember to "keep on smiling".
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




hey como dijo el pte Verdugo "tenemos derecho a sentirnos tristes por 5 minutos" right??? espero que las cosas se mejoren, hay algo que puedo hacer para ayudarte?? te quiero mucho. Diana
ReplyDeleteWay to 'Keep on Smiling'!
ReplyDelete