Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Beginning of the End....


Jason has been (very sweetly) searching for this little sign for quite sometime and finally he just found someone to make it for me. I figured, since really all our good friends do just let themselves in through our back door, that it both fun and accurate. Well, I thought it was almost funny that my last little bit of "personality" I have been looking for came yesterday--yesterday, my house could be proclaimed DONE (except for the kitchen tile), I have worked so hard to get things how I want them. My cupboards, drawers and closets are usable and organized in a way that makes sense to me. My personality is all over this house :) It has taken along time to feel this settled, I know I had been talking about needing more space (more closets) but I knew deep down the sentimental part of me, the part of me that fell in love with the woods in our back yard and my cozy little craft room would not let me leave easily. The reason I find it so funny that my sign finally came yesterday is that yesterday was the beginning of the end of my life here in Charlotte...at least we think so. (for those of you who don't know Citi bought Wachovia--where Jason works and will most probably not be needing him and even if they did it would be in NYC not Charlotte) And that, I think, is what bothers me most, we don't even know yet. When will we know? We don't know. I don't like not knowing, I don't like not being able to make plans. I don't like that I am not sure if I am going to be putting up a Christmas tree here or in some unknown location this year. The only thing I am sure of is that there is no way I can show my house while we are still living in it--I think that would be totally and completely impossible. I don't know how people with this many small kids do it but it is so not in me. Sorry, this was not a fun or entertaining post--it is just life.

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I don't like not knowing either. Good luck with everything. Here's to new adventures for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Tammy. I know that wherever life takes you it will be homey, fun and full of love because YOU will be there. I love being at your house. Jason needs to start his own Unicycle Academy right here in Charlotte and then you can stay forever. It can be the next BIG thing for all the Ballantyne kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you all week. The not-knowing is definitely the worst part. When you start showing your house, bring over the kiddies over here. We are use to a little bit of craziness and a lot noise...all by ourselves. We'll never even notice a little more of it. :) Seriously. Call if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DON'T GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You know my sentiments on this issue so I won't say more. sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy you have been on my mind this week! I hope you find a way to stay put and raise your cute family here in the south with all your great 'back door friends'. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete