Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What a Great Week!




I have had such a fun week with my kids. First, the big kids started school and they both really like their teachers (thank goodness!!) I started my diet--I know that doesn't sound good but I really needed that. Of course, I only started because Abby had practically weaned herself the last few weeks of summer but now that everyone is gone and she is sick she wants to cuddle mom and nurse. I got to go shopping for the first time in two and a half months!! (For those who don't know I "gave" Jason a three month spending freeze for Father's Day as a gift). I asked Jason if I could stop two weeks early because "birthday season" is starting in our house and I need some time to prepare :) We have six of our seven birthdays between now and Thanksgiving!! Then we had a fun, family weekend--we went swimming, had a BBQ, played Wii and just really got to enjoy each others company. But one of my favorite parts of the weekend was when Jason and Andrew went golfing Emily and I slipped up stairs and started wrapping birthday and Christmas presents--she wouldn't let me watch a Christmas Carol though :( I cannot tell you how happy this makes me!! I really love this hectic and crazy time of year. I have also started planning Abby's birthday party--I just finished her dress and it turned out really cute. This "birthday season" is so special for two reasons, it's Abby's 1st and it's Andrew's 8th--I am so excited to have our families here for that, I do wish that everyone could make it but we will certainly have a full house for Thanksgiving!!! Oh, sorry I got side tracked from my good week--the last little thing is Ethan and Olivia started school today. They looked adorable--Olivia didn't feel like going but Ethan was running to the car when I told him he was getting to play at school today :) I hope they are both having fun. And now I should have (a little) time to catch up on my blogging, sewing and other random projects at least every Wednesday and Friday. I just hope Abby keeps taking a morning nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment