Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Family Trip to Tennessee






The one thing the cabin didn't have was a highchair so we had to improvise so that Abby would eat :) Luckily her car seat didn't get too terrible messy!!



I was so excited to take a whole week and do something as just our "little" family. I am not sure if we have ever done that--usually when Jason takes that much time off we are either visiting family or having a baby (in which case someone is visiting us). Can I just say that I love vacations--again, I would live in "vacation world" if I could!! Here are a couple of pictures of our cabin and view. It was amazing and beautiful!! We visited Cade's Cove and the kids got to be blacksmiths and make dinner bells. We went to the aquarium, Dollywood and on several hikes (sorry, Jason, I cannot remember the names of all the trails)--we even saw a Mama bear and three cubs on one hike--it freaked the kids out a bit but they took comfort in the fact that there were about 25 people between us and them so they would get everyone else first :) We had picnic lunches and threw rocks in the river and had time at night to just hang out and play. Jason and Emily and Andrew got to go horseback riding and river rafting during afternoon nap time. I think that it was a perfect trip and I cannot wait for another one like it!! More pictures to come...

2 comments:

  1. Tammy that looks so great! Where did you rent your cabin? It seems like the perfect getaway spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys had fun since I was one of the people who suggested you go there. :) It is such a fun little getaway!!

    ReplyDelete