Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I'm soo small" :(

So Olivia finally realized something we have known for quite a while--she's a lot shorter than her "younger" brother. When we went to get everyone measured at the beginning of the day we were little worried about what was going to happen. They give you a wrist band and based on that you know which rides you can go on, which ones you need to be accompanied on and which ones you are too small for. Well, Ethan was 39 inches and so he got to have a silver wrist band. Olivia was only 34 and 1/2 inches--she was too small for any wrist band and she started to cry. We quickly explained to the nice grandma who was working there that she was so sad because her twin brother got to wear a "bracelet" and she did not. We promised not to bring her on the big kids rides but asked if we could please have some sort of something to put on her. Well, that made her happy for the time and we were off. I distracted her the first time everyone slipped off to go on a ride she was too little for but the second time I wanted a picture of Ethan on his first roller coaster and here's what happened.......Ethan and daddy--so excited to go on the big kid ride.

Olivia--so, so, so sad to be so small. For the last month if I ask her to do something or help with something she says, "I can't. I just soo small."
My "four" big kids having fun on the veggie tales coaster!!
I decided to give them all a few more minutes to do some other "big" rides and I took a now happy Olivia to the "soo small" area of the park :)


No comments:

Post a Comment