Monday, October 27, 2008

Truly Big Messes Require Big Kids

Saturday Morning I woke up with one task in mind--THE TOY ROOM. It has been a disaster zone all month (since I set my kids and Tanji's free in it to play and make messes as they wished) but my in laws are coming this week and I actually need to clean up. Now various times Jason and the kids have offered to help but I really wanted to use this as my pre-Christmas clean out. It seemed like perfect timing since every single container, cubbie and drawer had been dumped out. Now this is a really big job which requires most of my time and therefor also requires Jason to be watching the kiddos so I can work.
But then Emily wanted to move the furniture in her and Olivia's room around a bit--which was fine. Then somewhere along the line we gave Emily Abby's room, kicked Abby out of the nursery into Olivia's room and took down two of the cribs. Now I no longer have a "nursery" :( Jason and Emily didn't understand why this upset me so much but it did. Maybe I am just being irrational--I've been known to do that--but I really thought I would have that room where my "baby" lives for two more years. The room she came home from the hospital to. Maybe it was also the shock of waking up with three cribs in the house and now there is only one--and it's in "the girls" room, not the nursery. OH, plus now I have a lot more work before my in-laws get here!!!! I need to move all the cloths in the girls closets around and while I am doing that I may as well go through them and in the process I am sure I am going to come across a ton of stuff that they have each outgrwo and my worst fears will be confirmed --they are , in fact, growing up!! Oh, what will I do?!?!


OK, I know this is not of the rooms, the hall or the toyroom but can you see the little stuffed moose on the edge of my high window in the entry way?? How on earth did that happen??


Olivia's Big Girl bed!! She loves it!!


Just a portion of my extremely messy toy room!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh we have toys that have been stuck in our entry way chandelier (sp?) for years. I hear you. They will never come down probably.

    I can't believe all the re-arranging you have been doing. Brian is so not looking forward to that in our "new baby where do we put you?" future. ugh.

    ReplyDelete