Monday, October 27, 2008

Making Messes











I don't know why, maybe it's because we have been stuck inside so much this last month, or maybe it's just the ages they are at but I feel like my kids are getting really good and really fast at making really big messes!! I am not one to require a perfectly clean house, I have been known to leave dishes in the sink because I am just too tired but the level of mess my house has been achieving recently is just not acceptable. I think this last month not having to have it clean for the cleaning lady has been my excuse to let things slide. And Abby is much more mobile and getting into things and then Ethan and Olivia not only are learning the fine art of cooperation (by which I mean they are decided how best to destroy my sanity--together) but they also are totally not napping, so I never get a break from them and a chance to catch up. I know, I know everyone else deals with the same issues too. I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed as I try to come up with a new way to deal with my ever changing life.

1 comment:

  1. I would try and hold onto those naps as long as possible. Maddie Lee usually doesn't take a nap, but she knows to stay in her room and read books or play with toys while the other 2 are sleeping.

    I totally agree it is SO nice to have that time to regroup and prepare myself mentally for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete