So I know why my baby has been tired and (for her) grumpy and wanting to just be held or be put in her crib so no one can bug her and she can just sleep--she has the chicken pox. And for those of you who are wondering--yes, she was just vaccinated a month ago. Emily also got a mild case of chicken pox when she was 20 months old (just three weeks before Andrew was born). And apparently this is rare (like 1 in 1,000) but two of my kids have gotten it so to me it doesn't seem very rare more like two in five ;) Now I am home bound for the next 10 days or so. I really haven't left the house in what seems like forever. I know you think that I am exaggerating but I haven't filled up my car in almost three weeks!! I really, really really have not left my house! I think I need to leave sometime soon. Maybe I have some very important errands to run tomorrow and I can leave Jason with all the little kiddos. But the problem with that is I know that Abby really just wants me. Don't get me wrong, she loves her dad and her Andrew and her Emily and her twins but she really likes it when I am around and she can come crawling over to me if she thinks it has been too long since she's gotten mommy loves :) I love it too, I wouldn't have it any other way--she's my last and I want her to want me for as long I can. So for the next ten days I will sit on the couch, holding my baby who is growing up way too fast and I will enjoy every minute of it.
A Weekend of Farm Parties
10 years ago




I still can't believe it! Sorry friend.
ReplyDeleteHey! Can I come visit?!? Only one out of my three has had chicken pox lol. I hope she isn't too miserable!
ReplyDelete