Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brandi's Pumpkin Pancakes

OK, so I saw this recipe on Brandi's blog the other day and I could not resist it and now I this I may be addicted to pumpkin pancakes!!!! I just had to share it for anyone who doesn't read Brandi's blog--you do not want to miss out on this :) Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 C. Krusteaz complete

2T. brown sugar

1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice--if you don't have this (I didn't) you can use 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. cloves and 1/4 tsp. ginger

2 C. water

1/2 C. canned pumpkin

Brandi also made this delicious whipped topping(which I think is the best part!)

1 C. heavy whipping cream

2 T. Maple Syrup

1/4 C. powdered sugar

Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.

Oh, I make half of them plain and then half with the mini chocolate chips (I don't measure how much, maybe 1/4 cup or something--I just dump it in until it looks like enough)


3 comments:

  1. I am so making these for Halloween breakfast(especially since Sat is back to diet day)! Did you use real maple syrup, or just syrup? I only have the fake stuff. It's cheap and my kids like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used our regular syrup for the whipped topping and it was still great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...you tried it, and you DID like it? I guess Grandma Decker was right. ;) OK--Pumpkin Pancakes are not the same as pumpkin pie, but if you put the whipped topping on it you might like it.

    ReplyDelete