Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Night

We had a great night of Trick O' Treating with the kids and Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Steve. The kids came home exhausted and with way, way, way too much candy. I really am trying to figure out what we are going to do with all of it because I certainly don't want it around here. My favorite part of the evening was that Ethan kept calling Jason "Superman". At each door when Ethan would get his candy he would turn to Jason and ask, "Superman, can you help me put this in my bag?" To him, Jason really is a super hero and it was very sweet to watch them tonight. The other part of the evening--that I thought was going to get me into trouble--Grandma brought Abby home early (and grandpa was already home giving out candy) and I knew the twins would last as long as the big kids. When it was time for us to go home Olivia was relieved--she was tired and cold but she did point out to me that her (really huge--pillowcase sized) bag was not filled to the top. Ethan on the other hand really wanted to keep trick or treating with Superman and the kids. I eventually had to pick him up and carry him home while he screamed at the top of his lungs, "NO! No! My family! I see my family! I want to goooo wiiittthhh tthheeeemmm!!!!" I really thought I was going to get tackled by someone who did not know me or something!



This is Olivia being "Princess Pouty" as I have come to call her--she is usually a very happy girl but every once in a while princess pouty decides to stop in :)





It was very important to Emily that her "real" costume make it onto the blog for everyone to know she was not actually a butterfly this year.







Abby was so excited when I handed her the bag--I think she knew candy was supposed to go in it!!




I really had wanted one good picture of them each individually but the boys were too quick for me in the fading light of the day--this is all I could get of them. Andrew excitedly racing away and Ethan finally sat still when we got home and he was able to open as many lollipops as he could before mommy realized what was happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment