Saturday, November 1, 2008

Party Time!!!





There is something so fun about the third birthday. I think it is because it seems so magical to have a day just for you (and your twin, in this case). I know that kids don't need anything big or fancy for this either--all the extras are purely for my enjoyment :) I actually was quite proud of myself for not going over board but I think we can probably thank the chicken pox for that--I couldn't have gone overboard if I had wanted to!!! The one thing I could have kept more simple was the cake. I was just going to go to Harris Teeter and buy some fun cake they had but Olivia wanted the castle one that had a Princess on the top of each tower and Ethan wanted the Thomas one and there was no way I was going to buy two cakes!! So I made my own castle cake with princesses on top and a blue moat with a train going around it! I thought it was a pretty good substitution myself :) I love having the party somewhere away from home because that really does allow me to keep thing under control--I cannot go crazy with decorations or food I just get to show up and enjoy myself. I think that Ethan and Olivia had a fantastic time and I just loved watching them play with each other and with their brothers and sister and friends. It was also special because grandma and grandpa got to go too and enjoy all the craziness with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment