So I finally have a little fun time on my hands and let me tell you I have really, truly been enjoying myself. I have made a dress every day so far this week!! A couple of these are pictures of projects that I never got around to posting before but they are things I really like and I think they turned out fun and cute!!
So this dress was inspired by my quest for a "knot" dress (the straps fit through the button holes and tie in a knot) because Julie wanted one for Elodie. Well, I didn't have a real pattern for this dress and when I cut out the fabric I thought it would be for Olivia--but not having a pattern and not having taken measurements it turned out to fit Abby instead!! It is so cute and now I found a real pattern I love for the "knot dress".
This is Elodie's knot dress with an attached apron--I hope it fits :) It turned out so cute that I had to make one for Olivia (see below) and now I am working on one for Abby!




Oh I have wanted to make a knot dress too. I just figured I would wait until the weather warms up again but it looks really cute with the shirt underneath. So cute.
ReplyDeleteWhere are the pictures of the other dresses? :)
Abby looked so sweet in hers today. So many things accomplished...and I'm still working on cleaning my living room. shoot.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the sewing! I love the dress. I'm just hoping for a bit of my own sewing/fun/free time
ReplyDeleteBrandi-When I posted this I had only made three of the eight dresses for the week :) I'll get more picutres up soon.
ReplyDeleteChristy-Forget about the living room;) I was just looking around my house last night and I asked myself, "If I spend the time to clean this now will it really look any different tomorrow night?" The answer was NO! So I had fun instead :) I know, I really cannot get away with this every day but Jason is out of town this week and my family is coming late in the week next week so I will clean then :)
Alison--I think I really need that creative time sometimes. It for sure helps me cope with everything else that comes my way :) I hope you get some creative time soon--I love checking out your projects!!
I LOVE those dresses!!!
ReplyDelete