Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Playhouse Project

So last week Jason spent most of his free time on the play house project. Jason's parents had gotten the adorable little playhouse from Sam's for the little kids for Christmas. Of course, we couldn't do something simple like just put the thing together and stick it in the back yard. Noooo, we had to make sure the finished product would be both level and cute (can you guess which one of us had which requirement?) Any way, Jason went to both Home Depot and Lowe's countless times last week to get everything he needed and return everything he didn't. I am going to put in a little landscaping but not this week. This week we are going to just play and have fun and enjoy all the work that daddy did last week. Someday we may learn to just do things small and simple but for this project I think the whole thing just turned out cute and wonderful (oh, and level too).

The Beginning.
Jason's patio that he worked so hard to build. Truth be told Ethan was so excited just to have this new little square in his backyard to run around on :)


The Process. Jason is so good and patient when it comes to projects like this--I am NOT. After permanently placing pieces in the wrong place on several big Christmas/birthday gifts I think I have been unofficially banned from helping.


The finished product--I personally think it is adorable :)


Ethan and Olivia enjoying all of daddy's hard work! I cannot wait for the ground to be a little drier, and for her steps to be a little sturdier, so that Abby can play too. They are going to enjoy this for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment