Tuesday, December 9, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite (Christmas) Things....

I thought it would be fun to list off my favorite things about Christmas and the happy holiday things that go along with it. The benefit for me is a post like this really cheers me up and makes me stop and "count my blessing". Which is something we all need every once in a while.

  1. Stockings hung by the chimney with care
  2. Visiting Santa
  3. Singing Christmas carols
  4. Baking days
  5. Shopping--and being done early so I can enjoy the rest of the season
  6. The joy on my children's faces Christmas morning when they know they were on the "good list"
  7. Turkey dinner with all the fixins'
  8. snowmen
  9. Christmas cards from the people I love
  10. parties
  11. Friends
  12. Traditions--old and new
  13. Christmas Eve PJ's
  14. Hot chocolate--especially if it's stirred with a peppermint stick
  15. fuzzy socks
  16. happiness
  17. Gathering with family and friends
  18. snuggling on the couch with my kids
  19. Watching Christmas specials on TV
  20. Wrapping gifts with pretty bows
  21. service
  22. Warm cookies with cold milk
  23. Peppermint bark
  24. fondue
  25. Decorating
  26. Glitter
  27. Kissing under the mistletoe
  28. Reading the Tale of the Three Trees with my kids
  29. making gifts for those I love
  30. Gingerbread houses
  31. memories
  32. watching Muppet's Christmas Carol with my kids
  33. Ornaments
  34. love
  35. seeing The Nutcracker
  36. sewing
  37. Christmas dresses
  38. ice skating
  39. sleigh bells
  40. listening to Emily play Silent Night on the piano
  41. listening to Andrew play Jingle Bells on the guitar
  42. The Elf on the Shelf
  43. peppermint ice cream--that might be my favorite thing :)
  44. "Kodak moments"
  45. decorating the tree with the kids
  46. redecorating it after :)
  47. Christmas lights
  48. getting homemade goodies from our friends
  49. sending packages
  50. seeing the UPS man pull up to the house
  51. The fact that my kids still think they might wake up to a yard full of snow on Christmas morning
  52. preschool Christmas programs
  53. Advent calendars
  54. sparkling cider
  55. finding "the perfect" gift for someone
  56. Helping others
  57. loving
  58. giving
  59. Showing my children's teachers how much their love and hard work means to me
  60. clear starry nights
  61. Watching my children act out the Nativity and sing carols
  62. sharing
  63. Having "The Best Christmas Ever" every year
  64. remembering the reason for the season
  65. smiles from strangers passing by
  66. The "cheeriness" you can feel in the air
  67. magic
  68. candy canes
  69. cinnamon rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree and iced with green icing
  70. peppermint ice cream pie with hot fudge and whipped cream
  71. Having time off work and school to enjoy with my family
  72. Taking 1500 pictures to get something good enough to send to all our friends and family
  73. eggnog--it's not really my favorite but Jason loves it (and he is my favorite)
  74. Trying to figure out what on earth to get for my husband, father and father-in-law--I enjoy a good challenge
  75. doing something special with my kids every evening in December
  76. Christmas craft time
  77. peace
  78. Santa hats
  79. using the china and crystal
  80. Having garland on the banister
  81. watching my kids pick out gifts for each other
  82. Online shopping--it has saved my life :)
  83. mittens
  84. opening gifts slowly and playing all Christmas morning
  85. toys that do not need batteries
  86. A warm fireplace
  87. gratitude for all I have been blessed with
  88. slippers
  89. Reading Luke 2
  90. faith
  91. singing carols at church
  92. Jason
  93. Emily
  94. Andrew
  95. Olivia
  96. Ethan
  97. Abby Jane
  98. Our extended family--we miss you all
  99. snow in the mountains
  100. my Savior, Jesus Christ
  101. I love getting this chance to celebrate Him and remember Him and teach my children about His life and love for us all

3 comments:

  1. Um Tammy I'm not sure I would call this list "a few"! HA HA! I love the new kids with Santa picture. It turned out great. And you've been busy fixing up your blog too. Way to go. :) It totally is you! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you see, having beeing your companion in the mission, this list doesn't surprise me.. that is what I love about you... you have the best attitude!!!! Merry Christmas Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I started off just wanting to write a "few" things but that would not have summed up very well all that I love about Christmas so I decided 101 things would do :)

    ReplyDelete