Friday, December 26, 2008

Basketball

So the kids have been begging me to sign them up for basketball since last winter. I was so happy to find that because Emily is 9 right now and Andrew is 8 they can be on the same team--so only one practice and one game a week! The problem is that


  1. The kids have NEVER played before--Emily actually checked a basketball book out of the library before the first game because I didn't know what the rules were so I couldn't help her--Smart girl!


  2. There is nowhere for me and my three babies to sit and watch during either the game or practice--now I guess I am over exaggerating, there is a narrow little strip of floor about 18 inches wide between the wall and the line for the court. I am not even going to explain why that makes my life harder.


  3. All the kids games are at 1:30 or 2:30 in the afternoon. So not only does it make Saturday difficult to manage but it is also during nap time (which only adds to the difficulty of dealing with problem #2).

All in all, I am very excited for the kids. They have already shown a lot of improvement. I, of course, have missed the picture every time the kids have had the ball. Emily even got a basket one time. But luckily I have like 6 or 7 more games during which I am sure to get some of their talents on film :)

Andrew is great to watch play basketball, especially when he is on defense. He is so intense and focus when he is guarding someone, there was one boy who was quite visibly annoyed by the fact he could not get away from Andrew. The only problem is that everyone is a good 6-12 inches taller then him. But he is fantastic at sticking to his man.


Ethan and Olivia were trying to make the best of their time they had to squiggle on the floor. Abby was not nearly as amused as they were. I think what she really wanted was to get and play with them but I can only imagine how that would have ended!

No comments:

Post a Comment