So I don't know what set off this thought today...maybe it was because I saw that this is my 200th post or seeing my 10 year old push "the baby" in the stroller to the Farmer's Market and thinking they both look soooo big, maybe it was just because the milk I picked up at the store has an expiration date of June 1st (and I thought, are we that close to June already?!?!) but for some reason today this is what is on my mind. Where does the time go? What am I doing with the time I am given. I can truly say my life is what I hoped it would be, perhaps I hoped it would be a little more organized and a bit more spiritual but I really am doing my best, even in those two areas. I know I have been so blessed with wonderful children who are (mostly) kind and loving and cooperative and support of each other (mostly). And I am so grateful for my husband who wholeheartedly supports me in "living my dream" of being a stay at home mom--I think he is just the best! So I have been asking myself today--OK, I am who I wanted to be "big picture" but what are some of the little things I can work on. You know, the little ones that when they are all added up together will help me to be a better wife, mother, neighbor, and friend. I know that I need to work on not only offering people help (you know, the generic kind, "OK, well, let me know if there's anything I can do...") but actually
DOING something. I know all too well, that little things people do for you can really, really help. Another thing I thought of was making a big effort to do something special with Andrew every day. I think he really needs something right now. He always feels like he's doing the wrong thing. He's not the oldest and he's not the baby and he's not the twins so I think
he thinks he's some how forgotten or lost in the mix--but in reality that could not be farther from the truth. Andrew is sensitive, and brilliant and I am constantly, constantly trying to figure out how to best help him reach his potential. He AMAZES me! I just wish he could see it. I know that two things that will help me with both of these goals are reading my scriptures more regularly and praying and taking the time to be still and listen for answers--in short I need to slow down and do the things that are most important and the other thing I fill my time with will be ok. I don't know if my jumbled thoughts will make sense to anyone else but it was nice for me to take the time to sort through them a bit today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment