Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Playing in the Rain







It poured here most days last week and by the end of the week Olivia just couldn't stay inside any longer. So she found her raincoat and told me she'd be back--I did have to watch her playing so carefree for a few wonderful moments. Sometimes I think we really need to slow down and just play in the rain--we keep ourselves just too busy with "to dos" and we never let ourselves enjoy the beautiful day, nature, our children, a quiet walk, etc. My friend Karin just today reminded me of the quote--"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." When I saw this picture I thought about all the many things my children teach me. We are entrusted with our Heavenly Father's sweet children to teach them and raise them and help them know how to make good choices in life but sometimes I think that the best thing He has ever done to teach me is send me these sweet children who teach me oh-so much. They teach me of love, kindness, and slowing down to enjoy family time, enjoy the beauty of the world He created. What a wonderful example they are to me! So take your children in your arms and learn something from them today--or just become childlike for a few moment and dance in the rain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment