Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What do they do when they're alone?

So the other day Olivia was hyper at bed time and Abby had had a very late nap (and I was really tired and needed them to go to bed) which is not a winning combo as you will see in the following pictures--now it is not unusual for Olivia to entertain and talk to Abby for a little bit after stories and prayers are said but they had been laughing and giggling and carrying on for quite a while so I just had to go and check on them to see what was going on in there. Olivia had found her Belle costume, sunglasses and a few favorite books and toys and dumped them all, along with herself, into Abby's crib. And let me tell you, they were having the best time and NO WHERE NEAR falling a sleep, so what did I do? I left them there playing, after snapping these shots I turned and ran....now, I was only able to do this because Jason had just called and said he'd be home soon. Abby usually NEVER sees him at night. I like for her to be down by about 6:30 or 7 but Olivia, being the sneaky-smart one, has figured out if she delays her bedtime by a mere 2-2.5 hours she'll probably get to see dad. This little discovery of hers has me pulling out my own hair and just feeling like screaming in general. But this night I chose to embrace it, to accept the fact that they were going to see dad and instead of yelling at them for it and then have him come home and save the day I let them play happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment