Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Peek Into My Not-So-Perfect Life

This is a ten inch deep sink people! It takes a lot of dishes to fill it.






12:40 am--I wake up and Jason still isn't home, I have a hard time getting back to sleep.


2:37 am--I finally had fallen back to sleep only to be woken up a half hour later by Abby. Jason is still not home.


3:20 am--Jason is finally home. I ask him what time he has to be up in "the morning". He's getting up at 6:00.


6:00 am--I don't know how but Jason hops up out of bed to quickly get ready. It takes me ten minutes to drag myself out of bed.


6:45 am--I have a ten minute "date" with Jason while he eats his breakfast.


6:55 am--Jason discovers that there is some--what is that--oh, butter, on his shirt. I forgot to wipe down the counters last night :( He has to go and quickly change.


7:00 am--I try to quickly do the dishes from last night, check my email, and start a load of laundry before I wake up the kids.


7:05 am--Abby wakes up "starving"--so I can either feed her and be late getting the rest of the kids ready or listen to her cry while I work on getting the other four dressed and fed. I hate listening to her cry, plus everyone else is still happily sleeping.


7:30 am--Ok, now we're late. I wake up the kids only to discover that for some mysterious reason Emily is not talking to me today. Whatever. I don't have time for it today.


8:25 am--The big kids leave for the bus. Andrew through the front door with hugs, kisses and waves from everyone. Emily leaves quietly out the garage door without a word.


9:45 am--My wonderful friend Tanji has the twins over to play so that I can get something done. Thank You!


10:00 am--Abby decides today is going to be the grumpiest day of her life so that I cannot get anything done. I guess she's taking over for Emily. My 27 unfinished projects will have to wait for another day--I have a baby to hold.


12:15 pm-- I decide to at least go to the grocery store. Abby loves all the people talking to her there.


12:55 pm--I pull up to Tanji's house to get the twins and it is pouring!! I don't think I have ever seen so much rain.


1:30 pm--The twins really, really don't want to nap. Well, too bad. Let the crying begin.

2:00 pm--Abby actually goes down too. I can actually get something done but I am too tired from the day to even think about sewing. I guess I will just have lunch and veg for a minute on the couch.

2:30 pm--I only have about an hour until the big kids get home--I'd better get busy. I work on the Father's Day photo book for our dads and Jason. Switch the laundry. Do more dishes. Try to get chocolate spots out of the carpet--where did those come from? Fill two bags for goodwill. And I finally pick up the pile of diapers that has been growing all day.

3:40 pm--The kids get home and they are starving.

4:30 pm--The piano teacher shows up and the babies all wake up five minutes later.

4:45 pm--Ethan and Olivia wake up happy. They are being so cute holding hands and saying they love each other--this quickly turns from and love feast into a wrestling match. They are still holding hands when they choose to go opposite directions. Neither one will let go and neither will changed directions. They go from pulling each others arms off to pushing and shoving in a matter of seconds. Although Ethan is much bigger and heavier Olivia wins this round.

4:48 pm--Who on earth keeps leaving the pantry door unlocked? If the twins come to me with one more snack in hand I am going to loose it!

5:30 pm--Dinner's ready. No one will sit still enough to eat.

5:45 pm--Andrew, Ethan and Olivia are running around the family room (and definitely not eating) when Ethan collides with the school bus. I tell him to shake it off and come sit down to eat when Emily yells, "No. He's bleeding. He's really, really hurt." Does anyone know what a broken nose looks like? So there is now blood gushing from his nose and mouth. He keeps asking for a binky--I give him one.

6:30 pm--The bleeding has mostly stopped and now I have another load of laundry to do.

7:00 pm--The twins are in bed but very chatty.

7:30 pm--Andrew informs me that he still needs 2 point for AR and that it ends on Friday. Now this would not be so frustrating if he were not a terrific reader. At the beginning of the quarter when I was trying to help him set little goals so that he would reach his big goal way before he needed to he kept saying, "mom, don't worry about it. I am reading at school and doing fine."

7:33 pm--Andrew heads upstairs with two books.


8:12 pm--Abby has a complete blowout and needs a bath before bed.

8:40 pm--Andrew has finished one book and I tell him to go to bed!

9:47 pm--Emily comes downstairs. She's scared. She also asks if I could make another batch of wheat bread. We finished off the last loaf with dinner and she would like some with breakfast.

10:23 pm--Andrew comes downstairs! He says he just finished his second book. I try not to scream because he is really proud of himself. I tell him good job but to get to sleep right now because he's going to be really tired tomorrow.

10:25 pm--Jason comes home. The kitchen's a mess. There's laundry to put away. And I did not make that batch of bread--Emily will not doubt not speak to me again tomorrow morning. But I am going to sit down a spend another ten minutes talking with my husband before heading off to bed.



What I would have normally written about my day:


I had a great day today. The twins had a play date this morning so I could get some stuff done (thank you Tanji!). When they got home they were so cute playing on the driveway. They really didn't want to go take their naps. I love it when they are having so much fun together. They have such a sweet relationship.

5 comments:

  1. I love the honesty. It takes guts to admit to the not so perfect side of life. We all have one. Ashley wanted to play today, so I suggested we play house. She was the Mom and I was the baby who fell asleep. Does that still count as playing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That used to be my favorite way to play house. And I would let Emily be the mom who cleaned everything up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason some of that seems familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA! I LOVE IT!!! THE REAL DEAL!!!

    I'm so pleased I could scream!

    Sorry your day was rough but I know you managed it with a smile! Just think about how your kid free weekend is coming up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst part is this wasn't even a "bad" day :) That's way I choose to gloss over the messy parts, remeber the good and just ..."Keep on Smiling"!!

    ReplyDelete