Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inspired by Brandi (aka blogging vs. bragging)

After reading my Mother's Day post the other day Jason said, "you did not have a perfect Mother's Day weekend--why did you write that?" As I thought about it I decided that it was "perfect," as perfect as anything gets when you have five little kids and a husband who works way, way, way too much. Did I really want to write that I had changed 8 diapers by 10:00 am Saturday morning and that instead of making my brunch Jason was on conference calls all morning? That I got to take the kids to soccer by myself (and it was our turn for snack) so I was pushing Abby in the stroller, pulling the ice chest, and trying to keep the twins from getting run over--and then came the challenge of trying to keep two hot and thirsty two-year-olds out of a cooler of juice boxes. Any way, my point is that no one really wants to hear that. It's not funny. It's not witty. It's not cute.

My life is not perfect but these are the things I want to remember ten years from now when I have forgotten what the constant chaos of little kids is. I want to remember the cards and poems the kids wrote and the brunch we shared (no matter who made it).

We all have days that don't go how we would have liked. I promise if there is something to learn from or laugh at I will post about them. But the untidy, uninteresting details of my life I might just keep to myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Tammy - you are always so positive. That day I saw you at Costco you had just had your 5th baby, had the twins with you, and had a huge smile on your face. I would no doubt have been still in pain, pulling my hair out and complaining about something. That day I thought... I need to hang out with this girl - maybe some of that positive attitude would rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hang out Jolin!! But along with the good some bad habits may rub off too--You are way more pulled together than I am and I happen to know that some of this positive attitude goes along with giving in to the chaos :)

    ReplyDelete