So we decided it would be a lot of fun for the kids if we did a garden this year. Jason made this beautiful box for it, he even buried the back corner of it a bit so the whole thing would be level--which seemed like a big pain to me, and then we all got to help with the fun stuff of filling it and then planting our first seeds. The kids are so very excited although Ethan was quite disappointed to wake up the next day and nothing had grown overnight :) We have only planted peas so far but will for sure keep y'all updated with the progress of the whole project.
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




That is so great!! I already got the seeds for ours! I'm not very good with garding but we will see what happends!
ReplyDeleteI think it is great for kids to see, feel, and taste the rewards of hard work. Your mom is thinking of doing a garden this year and I am excited to help her (if it actually happens).
ReplyDeleteDiana--I am not very good with flowers and stuff but we grew some lettuce a couple years ago and the kids loved it. This year we will be attempting lettuce, tomatoes, blackberries, snow peas, basil, green beans, zucchini, peppers, onions, squash and maybe strawberries. Hopefully it goes well!
ReplyDeleteMelissa--You should totally get my mom to do that. It would be fun to help (if we make it out there this summer). I think it is great for the kids too :)