Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Days of Years Past

I am NOT a snow person. I do like skiing, I do like visiting snow but I would be most unhappy to live in it for any extended period of time. I do however, on occasion, enjoy having snow right outside my front door. That's why Charlotte is a wonderful place for me to live. We get snow every few years. And just a little bit is enough to cancel school (because we get it so infrequently the city does not have the removal equipment to run the buses, and open schools, etc.) and so we get a fun unexpected play day. We have had enough in the past years that I think the kids have some random memories of it--Andrew is always hoping for snow on Christmas Eve, who knows, maybe one year he'll get his wish. Here's a little trip down my memory lane of the different snow falls we have enjoyed here in Charlotte.

January 2004--Our first snow fall in this house. The kids were thrilled even with this little bit of snow that only stuck to the slide. We had never lived in a snowy area--that's why the kids clothes are not very appropriate for the occasion.


February 2004--Just a few short weeks after our first ever snowfall we got 12 inches!!! And Charlotte shut down entirely for a good three days!!! Jason only got the first day off work but we sure did have fun!





January 2007--The kids were so excited to have snow again after having just slush the last year and nothing the winter before.



January 2008-The twins were more excited to see the snow when they woke up this time--but Olivia knew it was going to be cold and wet and so tried not to touch anything. Ethan on the other hand couldn't have cared less--he was just too happy with all the "magical" white stuff!




There wasn't very much snow so this is all that the kids could do--a cute little snowman. Yes, those are raspberry eyes and blueberries for his mouth! Needless to say Andrew did that one without asking me. I am sure I could have come up with something else. I DO like the forks for his arms though.



No comments:

Post a Comment