Emily FINALLY got to go skiing this year!! She was so excited :) We have had ski school booked for them both for the last two winters. Two years ago she had her emergency appendectomy just days before we were supposed to go, so we cancelled the whole trip. Last year Jason went up late one Friday night with the two kids and stayed in a hotel so they could be rested and happy for skiing the next day. Well, Emily got sick. Jason was hoping it was just from being car sick but then when they got to the ski resort to check-in she was still VERY sick. Needless to say she missed out on skiing that day too. (Andrew did get to go and Emily spent the day in the lodge--luckily she was too sick to even care.) So this past Saturday they both took off in the early morning with daddy and set out on an adventure. Jason got an afternoon pass so that he could ski with them after their lessons. Andrew was moved up to a more advanced class and, from what I hear, he is quite a little dare devil. Emily was so excited to ski on the harder run with Jason at the end of the day and he loved giving her pointers--she has always had such incredible balance and I know that is really going to help her with skiing too. They are already asking if they can go again this weekend. I cannot wait until next winter when the twins will be able to go too. Then I will just have to entertain Abby in the lodge while everyone else enjoys themselves.
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




wow...I was about 5 posts behind. Shame. Wasn't it fun in the snow? We tried (and failed) to make a snowman too but settled on snowballs. I'm glad Emily finally got to go skiing, but it will be nice too once you are able to go too. Although the up side is that you can leave all the frustrating teaching time of beginners to Jason and enjoy skiing with the kids after they get the hang of it. :)
ReplyDelete