Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine's Wreath--So FUN!

OK, really, sometimes I forget how very much I love, Love, LOVE being crafty!!  I think it fills me with more energy than an afternoon nap ever could!  Maybe that's why I am totally willing to sacrifice sleep in exchange for craft time :)  I just love making something new and having it turn out right the first time--how fun is that!?!  So last night a couple wonderful friends came on over with felt in hand and we cut like a zillion little 4 inch circles to make this super cute wreath!!  I'd say it took about 4 hours but for 3 of that we were chatting and eating caramel corn so alone maybe it'd be 2.5-3 hours.  I also ended up moving around quiet a few circles while I was doing the second half to make the first half less crowded.  I used about 1.25 yards of felt I'd say.  I orginally saw this project here http://www.theidearoom.net/2010/01/felt-heart-wreath.html and on here http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/search/label/valentines%20day.  My hearts were bigger so that's why I used so much more fabric but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  Now I just need to find the time to make one for each of my kids doors--they ALL want their own!  



2 comments:

  1. That is so funny....I had to move some of my peices too......so it didn't look so crowded. I just couldn't keep my hands off the corn! :) So much fun! Thanks for getting the stuff friend! I will have to paint my door black now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! I don't know why I didn't see that you said you needed to paint your door! You are too funny--I do love how it looks against my door. That's probably one of the reasons I wanted to do this project is I thought it would look nice. Have you finished yours? I hope so :) I just got my vinyl all put together and I am soooo happy with it--except the one I did TOTALLY crooked :/ that one doesn't look too good!

    ReplyDelete