***********************************************
Maren was looking thoughtful the second day at dinner time so I asked her what she was thinking about and here was her reply:
Maren, "Tammy, did you know that once I was at the cafeteria (I am assuming the one at Grant's school) and I saw that a fork had married a spoon and they had a baby!?! Do you know what that would look like? 'Cause I do!"
************************************************
Then once I was telling baby Julia (14 mo. old) to close the door to the entertainment center that she had just opened--she opened and closed them about a million times!!
And this is what Maren told me:
Maren, "Tammy, baby Julia doesn't really speak English. She only speaks Spanish."
So I proceeded to ask her in Spanish to close the door.
Then Maren said, "Maybe I was wrong. She only speaks French."
***********************************************
I really did have a great time with all the kids and I hope that they had fun too. Here's my Emily quote from today.
Emily walked in after school today and asked me what special thing I had done while she was at school and I told her I had baked four loaves of wheat bread (my best batch yet), embroidered six burp cloths, done six loads of laundry and pieced a baby quilt for a friend and this was her reply:
Emily, "Well, what's so special about that?"
So I don't know if none of that seemed impressive to her or if she thinks I always get that much done in a day (I don't. I really, really don't!!) Any way, I was very pleased with my productivity and I think I just might have made up for being a bump on a log the rest of this week :)




Love the Maren quotes! She cracks me up! We brought the spork home. :) Today you also cleaned up my kids messes at your house (for the 2nd time this week)! :) Way to go on your day!!
ReplyDelete