We were a little nervous how this news would be received but everyone seemed pretty excited!! We had not yet told our parents and asked the kids to not spill our secret until we told them--which was quite a big thing to ask since they were all going to talk to their grandparents later Christmas day. Anyway, we were planning on keeping it a bit of a family secret for a couple of weeks since it's still very early on (I am 8 only weeks) but that all changed today when Ethan announced to the entire primary at church that his mom was having another baby...so we came home from church and called the grandparents ;) The funny thing about Ethan announcing our news was Jason and I weren't really sure he had actually been listening and he hasn't said anything about it in the two days that have passed. When I asked Ethan about him telling everyone he replied, "Mom, I am not really very good with speakrets." And I told him that was OK, I am not either--especially if it is something so fun and exciting to share. He has also requested that it be a baby brother (or maybe two of them--don't worry, it's only one) and that "we can name him Darth Vader, because it's the coolest name I can think of". I am really enjoying how excited the kids all are and I am hoping their excitement can last another 30 weeks!!
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




Yay! The cat is out of the bag! Gotta love Primary! Bailyn announced ours too! So excited for you guys! How are ya feeling?
ReplyDeleteBaby #6!!! Congratulations! She/he will be coming to a home with a lot of love for them!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love all your kids and I'm so glad there will be another one! You and Jason just need to make separate travel plans from now on :)
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone--we are soooo supre excited about all this!! We cannot wait to find out what our new little one will be and start to make plans :)
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I think Jason would be alright not travelling with me (and the kids). He really loves being a business traveler and getting to sit quietly up in first class and pretend the noisey world of kids and chaos does not exsist ;) We cannot wait to meet your new little man!!
So excited for you guys! I was so excited to see this post, what a fun way to tell the kids. Let me know if you need anything, I am around to help almost anytime. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete