I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July!! I have always loved it but perhaps my feelings for this patriotic day intensified while living in Argentina. I still remember that 4th of July. Hermana Richards and I treated ourselves that day--we made some delicious cheeseburgers to celebrate our country that we loved and missed so much :)
I usually love having a BBQ and inviting over our "North Carolina cousins" for some food, fireworks (the good ones) and fun. But this year I was a bit tuckered out since I was nearly 35 weeks pregnant so for the first time since moving here we went to the party held at the Catawba building (it's across the border so the good fireworks are legal there ;) We all had a great time. There was baseball, BBQ, desserts, watermelon eating contests, sparklers and of course the best fireworks show I've ever seen at a church party. I mostly just sat in my comfy chair and let Jason deal with all the rest of keeping the kids happy (and safe). Again, I was a bit tuckered out. This was actually held on the 3rd since the 4th was on Sunday this year so we got to celebrate TWICE :) To me being patriotic is a very spiritual thing as well--there are so many places in the world where people are not able to worship how they would like and I am so very grateful for the freedoms we have here. On Sunday we had the pleasure of going to Jayden Cope's baptism and then having our own little fireworks show on our driveway. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation of late pregnancy setting in or the extra crazy hormones but I have been especially grateful for all that I have been blessed with this day. I am so grateful for all men and women who spend their lives defending the freedoms we have. I hope you all have had a wonderful 4th. God bless America, Land that I Love....






No comments:
Post a Comment