Emily wanted to re-do her room...which I totally do not understand. Her room is like my favorite room in the whole wide world. It's cute, it's girly, it's perfect. I had so much fun finding the little knick knacks, picking the perfect shade of pale pink. I love the peg board Jason so carefully made. Like I said, it's my favorite, it's perfect....but it was thought up and made for a 4 year old. And though I hate to admit it out loud Emily is not a 4 year old any more (heck, Olivia is practically not a 4 year old any more, but I cannot deal with that thought right now!!). So Em had the brilliant idea to re-do her room, right.now. Which really seems like interesting timing since we were busy re-arranging Owen's room for his arrival and shuffling the girls into the toy room and doing some projects in there...I'm just saying I am a bit busy right now, but hey, what's one more chaotic room thrown into this mix?!
So after MUCH searching both in stores and online Emily finally found her new room :) So July 4th and 5th we emptied her entire room into the hallway...which is enough to drive a nesting mama crazy, btw!!! And on July 6th the painter came to transform her room from this into.......
THIS!!! It turned out way cute, cool, fun, fantastic :) I mentioned the dates above because, well, Owen decided to arrive early as you know...on July 7th...the only thing worse than an 11 year old emptying her room into the hallway when her mom is 34 and a half weeks pregnant is that hallway still being a mess a few days later when her mom's water breaks!! Ack! Any way, that just illustrates again how glad I was to have Kristine's help this summer :) I really do love how her room looks now. And I think she found a look that is "her"--in the shopping process she was so unsure at times and I told her to relax because when she found the right one she'd just know and she'd LOVE it (we bought and returned many things before reaching that point though). Even though she found the right fit I will miss the little girl room that is now a thing of the past...probably because I am also missing the sweet little girl that went along with it. Don't get me wrong, I am totally loving this wonderful young woman I have the treat of being with and talking to and enjoying each and every day--but part of me still longs for the endless tea parties, cuddling while reading stories and relaxed afternoons we used to get to share whenever we wanted. So please excuse me if I shed a tear or two for the little girl room that is no more...
A Weekend of Farm Parties
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment