Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter from Sanibel

We were so glad to have Friday off school so that we could drive down to Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Steve’s and still get to enjoy some Easter “prep” time there. On Saturday the kids loved coloring their eggs and I think they could have done it all afternoon if we hadn’t run out of eggs. I found it so cute that all three of Abby’s eggs were yellow (which she calls “Abby’s pink”--I guess that’s her way of saying it’s her favorite color :) Ethan and Olivia dipped their eggs over and over in each and every color, so they didn’t look too much like any color in the end. Emily and Andrew were much more meticulous and took care to make their eggs look special.
The picture below was not taken at this angle to be artistic--I was about to pass out and I was holding onto the railing and still trying to capture the moment :)
Jason did a GREAT job taking over the photos after my near spill (a job I do not usually allow him to have, so you know I really was feeling terrible;) I love the ones he got of Abby in the flowers!!
We had a wonderful family morning seeing the kids so excited and happy. Although I would have liked a little more time spent focusing on the true meaning of Easter that was made difficult since I pretty much slept most of the rest of the day and Jason took off with the kids and his mom to give me some peace and quite. But as I am writing this I do need to express my gratitude for my Savior, for His atoning sacrifice, for His love, His example. I truly am amazed when I think of all He did for me, and you, and each one of us. I feel so humbled by this and I know that I have been so very blessed in my life in so many ways. My hope is that I am sharing my testimony of these things with my children. I hope they can feel the love of their Savior in their everyday lives. I know He died for me and I know He lives again.
















No comments:

Post a Comment