OK, my mom warned me once to never build my dream house because it would quickly become a nightmare but she never told me that it applied even to school projects. So ALL YEAR LONG we have been hearing about The Dream House Project. And all year long we were assured that much of the work for this project would be done at school. Of course we knew the actual building of the house would be done at home but they hadn’t given us the requirements for the project so I wasn’t going to start working only to be told we were doing something wrong. Any way, there were 6 different “parts” to this project and I think in the end at least part if not all of each of these 6 parts ended up being done at home. When the detailed instructions for the building finally made it home just a few weeks before the project was due I asked Emily when we were supposed to get this all done and she said her teacher had told the kids they had all spring break to work on it! I guess that is all well and good for those who would be home twiddling their thumbs for a week but what about those of us who actually had plans and would be gone for 8 days?! I ended up keeping Emily home one day the week before it was due (shhhh, don’t tell) because there was NO WAY it was going to be completed otherwise. I also didn’t unterstand how this was supposed to be a child’s project when there was extensive use of exacto knives and hot glue guns. Those are two things I never, EVER let my kids touch! Despite all my grumbling here (and while working on the project) I really did enjoy the time I got to spend with Emily and the whole creative process. She had a lot of fun, fantastic ideas and I just liked seeing what she considered to be a “dream house”.
Below is her first floor--it has a garage, a family room, master bed and bath, a nursery connected to the master, a kitchen, and laundry room and a pool and hot tub :)
Also below is the second floor with a boys room, a girls room, a library/study, a loft, some storage and a work/craft room. There was also a balcony out going out of each room. She really did put a lot of thought and time into this project. Good Job Emily!!
No comments:
Post a Comment