Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vacation World

We had a wonderful weekend at DisneyWorld with Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Steve. It was Abby’s first time there and she loved it so much!!! Actually, all the kids really enjoyed themselves and I think they were all at a perfect age and stage to make the trip very fun and memorable :) I won’t post too many pictures (well, maybe just a couple of favorites ;) But you can go on over to “My Albums” to see a whole bunch and if you click over to “Movie” then you can see my first ever movie attempt, I think it turned out pretty well. I know there are so many parents out there that only take their kids to DisneyWorld because they beg and beg and beg to go or others who manage to avoid the experience all together. I often feel like it is me begging and saying “When can we go to Disney again?!?! It has been soooo lloooooonnnnggggg!! And I don’t think I can wait any longer” I guess that’s why I have been pregnant our last two trips--I just couldn’t wait! Some may ask what there is to do at DisneyWorld if you’re preggers and cannot ride the rides? Well, let me tell you....I love all the fun foods, the excitement in the air, the magic in the children’s eyes as they meet Mickey, and of course the shopping and watching kids as they ride the rides. I love all the detail that there is in everything whether it’s just walking down main street or the various parades and fireworks shows...to me it is all beautiful and artistic and it just makes me happy. I always have a hard time coming back from a vacation--I love the “relaxation” (OK, so we don’t exactly relax much with Jason around!) and I really LOVE all the family time. I think we let our everyday lives get too too busy sometimes and so we need to take a vacation in order to step back and remember what is truly important. It’s not the soccer and piano lessons and the fanciest everything in the whole wide world that make kids happy and create wonderful memories. It’s the simple family time, whether it is spent at someplace fun and crazy like DisneyWorld or just hiking in the smokies. Those memories are something irreplaceable and worth much, much more than any souvenir. Sometimes, I wish I could live in “vacation world” and always have plenty of family time and simple moments throughout my day. Maybe that is why I love summer vacation time so much--it is just me and my kids and we don’t have to follow any one else’s schedule of when to get up, when things are due, what books to read or adventures to have. Anyway, here are a couple of favorite moments from our latest time in vacation world--Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment