Emily and I have been wanting to go to the American Girl Store for sometime now but it is such a long trek there so I have been putting it off. But I finally set aside a day for us to drive to Atlanta (4 hours each way) and have lunch and do some shopping. It was for sure a day to remember and Emily has suggested that next year we bring Olivia (she would LOVE it)Emily and I had such a wonderful time--not only at the restaurant and store but the eight hours in the car were great too. I even got us lost a couple of times because I was talking too much :) It just reminded me of how grown up she is and what a fantastic young woman she is becoming. I really don’t like letting my kids grow up but it is a joy to see who they are each turning into. Some of my favorite moments from our day included the itty bitty menu they had for your doll, and the itty bitty cookie they brought out at the end for Kit, our wonderful conversations in the car, finding the doll sized pair of Heely’s, the fun little foods, and of course, the shopping!!! :)
So, What did Emily pick from the store?? Lanie!! She got the doll, a matching outfit and two of her books :) It was a day to remember! I had a great time--Love you, Emily!!!!!
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment