Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have fallen in love all over again…


…with my sewing machine.  Seriously, it really feels like love.  The twitterpated feeling when you think of being together…the fun anticipation of things to come…the nice, comfortable feeling of being with a forever friend…and just the general giddiness :)  I know, it sounds crazy.  But I really do LOVE sewing, or creating in any way.  It is such a part of who I am.  Here, I’ll put it this way…in 2009 I made, for myself and other people more than 95 skirts, dresses, ties, and purses.  (And that’s not even counting the blankets and burp cloths I made as gifts that year.) In 2010 I made ONE dress.That.Is.It.  I don’t think I realized just how much I missed sewing until I started cutting the fabrics (which I bought for.ever. ago) and I had that excited anticipation—then as I began sewing it was like rediscovering something wonderful.  And now, I can’t stop thinking about the different projects that are just “waiting” for me in my stash of fabrics…I promise to not take you for granted again, leaving you for seemingly more important things...






No comments:

Post a Comment