So I cannot believe it but I officially have a middle schooler. When did that happen? Where did all those years go? Emily was very excited to get her schedule--she got both electives she had wanted, orchestra and drama/art. She will be learning the cello this year. I really hope she loves it because I think she could have a lot of fun with it. Her schedule is quite demanding with Honors Math and Language Arts but I know Em can do whatever is asked of her. My only concern is the whole A Day/B Day thing and just keeping tests/homework/projects straight as to when they are due, etc. I think it probably seems so overwhelming to me because of the sleep deprivation--hopefully she'll do better at that than I will!! Any way, I am so excited for her to have a fantastic year :)
Andrew was so excited for school to start up again! He just loves school :) His teacher this year (Ms. Patterson) seems terrific!! She is VERY energetic and I think Andrew will really thrive in her class. I cannot believe he's already in 4th grade and he looks sooo BIG in this picture. I am glad he'll still be at Elon Park next year to help the twins with the bus and finding their classes--I can't believe they'll be old enough for all that! Wow! I am so happy for Andrew and the great year he has ahead of him. Love you buddy!!!
So I had promised the kids a fun treat for the first day after-school-snack but somehow with the 2 and half hours of sleep I got and the fact that my MIL was arriving in town that just didn't happen. Soooo, on the second day after-school sweet Kristine planned ahead and made these beautiful, delicious cookies for the kiddos. She made a giant heart shaped one for each of the big kids to celebrate the beginning of the year. I don't know what I am going to do without her around, seriously, I don't. Thanks Kristine :)
A Weekend of Farm Parties
10 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment