I cannot believe Owen is already one month old--I think I am still in shock from the suddenness of his arrival and I have been too exhausted to fully process it :) The funny thing is he still isn't "due" for another 3 days--can you imagine how big he would have been?! But he might have slept better his first month of life if he'd had a chance to cook a little longer....but probably not. Any way, I am hoping that all gets better soon because being nocturnal is harder than you think when you have five other kids that aren't they don't really like you to do the whole "sleep all day" thing just so you can be up with baby all night. Thank goodness for my mom! I couldn't make it through this summer without her!!! I just hope he decides to turn it around in the next oh, say 11 days or so before she leaves and I need to function during the day again.
So this is the part of the post where I say I cannot believe it's been a month and why, oh why can't Owen just stay little for a little longer. I know, I am predictable. What can I say? I just absolutely love, Love, LOVE that little newborn stage. I love my babies falling asleep on me. I love the way they smell and how unbelievably soft their skin is. I love that they only thing in the world they really want or need is me...everything else is just extra. I love how even though they are so little they give off so much warmth and make you feel so cozy as you hold them. Owen has been so much fun this last month and I am oh-so glad I have been given this special time to fully enjoy him. I know it is a rare gift to be able to focus so much time and energy on him. We have loved every sleep deprived moment of it. Thanks again, mom!
A Weekend of Farm Parties
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment