Monday, October 10, 2011

The BEST Field Trip Ev-Er!!

I feel so blessed that we were able to go and “experience” a bit of history the past few days.  We went to Yorktown, Jamestown and Williamsburg this week.  The weather was perfect and so were the kids.  On Wednesday we took off in the early morning and headed for Yorktown.  I think we learned the most here but that might be because we haven’t quite reached 1781 yet so much of what we saw, read and did was new to us.  I think the kids really like getting to see the tents, wash the clothes by hand, they loved talking with a “doctor” who took care of the troops.  At Jamestown they really love grinding the corn into powder and seeing how they cooked over a fire.  They loved dressing up everywhere we went.  I think what I enjoyed most was just the conversations we were able to have about the different periods of time …how they lived, what they had to deal with just to have the basics of food and shelter and clothing and how very, very blessed we are.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment