The kids all had a fabulous Halloween even though it ended up raining right at 6:00 when trick or treating was supposed to officially begin in our neighborhood. I thought it was great because Abby, Ethan, Olivia and I only went to about 10-12 houses before I convinced them we'd had enough fun and wouldn't it be night to go home, dry off and have a lollipop :) An idea I am quite sure they would have protested if the weather had been perfect. So Jason and Andrew continued around the rest of the neighborhood together and collected enough goodies to make us all sick!! Emily went with some friends to another neighborhood and got more candy than i have ever seen in one bag. So all of that combined with the fact that we didn't have as many trick or treaters as we would on a normal Halloween means we have waaaayyy too much sugar in the house. I have already taken out 25 pieces for each or the kids to make an advent calendar in December (thanks for the idea Ali) but even with that 125 gone our HUGE cauldron is still overflowing --I am going to have to come up with something to do with it all to get it out of my house!! Maybe we'll have to have a pinata at Andrew's birthday party in a couple weeks :)

Andrew, as a zombie, ghoulish, scary type thing. Ethan, as a knight in shining armour. Olivia as Belle and Abby as Sleeping Beauty.

Emily as a cute witch. I loved this outfit--she picked out all the pieces herself and gathered them together :) The only sad thing was because she left to go to her friend's house so early I did not get a picture of all five of them.

At the Trunk or Treat the night before--I saw these four (my little ones plus their friend Porter) and I knew by the way they were huddled together they must be up to something...they were, Ethan had found some dead bugs and they were taking turns playing with them. But hey, at least they were sharing, right?


Patiently waiting for "the ball" to begin :) We got to the church early to help set up and put our room together--I almost think the kids had as much fun waiting and running around the nearly empty gym as they did at all the games!!
No comments:
Post a Comment