Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Building Our Tents

In an effort to come up with SOMETHING to keep my kids interested and excited about General Conference this October I found this fun idea online and decided to try it, and it worked pretty well...mostly. We had a little family home evening about when King Benjamin addressed his people and how there were too many people to gather them all into the temple so instead they set up tents for each family and everyone from the youngest to the oldest gathered in the tent of their family to listen to the words of King Benjamin. Then we let the kids each make their own "tent" to listen to conference in. They had a lot of fun gathering blankets and pillows and Andrew even brought some snacks and something to take notes with. I was amazed that they all paid as much attention as they did. I think we will be pitching our tents again in 6 months :)



2 comments:

  1. great idea. love it. will have to try that here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend finding a few BIGcard board boxes, doing the FHE the Monday (or Sunday in our case) before conferenceand then letting the kids decorate the boxes during the week and thenon Friday they can make them all cozy. Ididn't have all the plan ahead time since I came across the idea late in the week and we just used what we had on hand but this is what I'll be doing in April :)

    ReplyDelete