Friday, September 25, 2009

My Sweet Birthday Girl

How can it be that another year has passed already? Weren't we just getting to know each others smiles and giggles? How can you be walking and talking and having opinions of your own? Didn't you just have a birthday and I cried and cried, knowing my "baby" was not really a baby any more? When did you grow up so much? I remember like it was just yesterday...holding you in my arms for hours, looking at the perfect little fingers and toes, loving and memorizing each of your smiles. Enjoying you discovering your feet. I love how much you love your brothers and sisters. And that when we go shopping you repeat their names from the comfort of your stroller, like you are looking for them in each aisle, "Emmmyy, Anrew, Ettie, Olala, Abby Baby," over and over again. I love that whenever I walk into the room you run to me yelling, "Mommmie, Huuug!" like you haven't seen me in forever. No feeling can be sweeter than that :) You are such a happy little girl. Any one who sees you knows it. I even love how you are discovering your emotions and moods and all the fun faces you make in the process. You really are getting so big despite my daily protests...I guess eventually I will need to embrace it and let you. But for now, I will hold you close and whisper in your ear to stay little, for just a little while longer. I am not sure my heart can take you growing up as fast as you are so please, just slow down a bit, and let us enjoy each other. I look forward to each snuggle you give me, since I know there will be fewer each passing month. Always remember how very precious you are to me, my sweet baby Abby :)




Favorite Foods--cinnamon bread, blueberries, strawberries, cookies, milk
Favorite shows--"Momers" (Imagination Movers), "Go-Go" (Diego), "Lala" (Charlie and Lola)
Favorite Toys--Babies, babies and more babies, or anything to do with babies, strollers, blankets, bottles, and Dress-up stuff :)

Talents--Being Happy :), sharing, lighting up every room she enters!!
Favorite Book--The going to Bed Book
Favorite Things To Do--Play with Daddy, go on the swings, PLAY OUTSIDE!!!, ride on the plasma cars, being a kitty, Snuggle mom, Sing and Dance
Favorite Song--"I Am a Girl Like You" from Barbie Princess and the Pauper, but she also LOVES "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Row, row, row Your Boat" and "Grand Old Duke or York" quite a bit also :)
Abby LOVED being the birthday girl!! She absolutely love, love, LOVED getting to open presents :) She was even kind enough to share what she had gotten with Olivia since Olivia really wanted to try on the crown. Abby was so delighted with every little thing and she for sure loved the attention of every one being on just her.








She was also so happy to have MORE CAKE!!! We had barely finished demolishing the one from her party :) (more pics of that later) She was so happy to be sung to again and get to have more special treats. I just love seeing her sooo happy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment