Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mini Trip to the Mountains

We decided to take a one day "mini vacation" before the hectic fall schedule of birthdays, and football games and visits from grandparents begins so we went to Blowing Rock, Moses Cone Park, and Linville Falls and Linville Caverns--ooo, I just realized I haven't unloaded the pictures from the caverns, they are on the little camera. Any way, we had a great time...in Blow Rock Jason took Andrew, Ethan Olivia and Abby to the Park and Emily and I enjoyed a little bit of time shopping. Emily was especially interested in going to a few antique stores--she was fascinated by some of the pieces and couldn't believe it when I told her one of the book cases that had beautiful hand carvings and was from the 1800s cost more (much more) than dad's car did. We also got to go to my favorite shop there The Last Straw--any one who's been there and knows me AT ALL can see why I love it :) It's a "garden store" but really it's so, so much more than that. And it just so happens that the day we went they had just finished putting up their Christmas trees and decorations. They DO have amazing garden things but they also have tons of seasonal, fun, crafty things and I highly recommend visiting!!

Playing at the park...well, it appears Andrew was done playing and Abby didn't want him to be lonely in his pouting :)



Ethan was being a VERY cute brother and taking people by the hand all day--I was finally able to capture it "on film" without them noticing and running away!



Hiking with the kids at Moses Cone--it was beautiful and perfect :)




Why is this adorable child so, so happy? Well, because she convinced her dad to let her out of the hiking backpack AND she was refusing to go the direction we wanted to be going on the trail.
But with a smile like that who can get mad?
Ethan got blocked in by the flowers.




Cute, cute, cute is all I can say!



All my sweet kids--I just love 'em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment