Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Southern Eating :)

What's a vacation without some really yummy food to go along with it?! We went to three dinners out that we all LOVED. The first was to the Old Mill Restaurant. Jason got southern fried chicken and I got southern fried steak and they both came with a ton of fixin's. Emily and Andrew got chicken and dumplings and said they were they BEST they'd ever had. The service here was quick and friendly. If you decide to go and you have children I would recommend an early dinner because after about 6:00 they do get a line that goes out the door. Each meal, even the kids ones, come with an absolute TON of food--I think we brought home more than half of every one's meals, which just meant I had to cook dinner one less night later in the week!

The next night we went to Dixie Stampede which is one of the kids favorite things of the entire week!! I have been with the big kids three times now (they have one down in Florida) and we all went last year. I think it is just soo cool to them that:

  1. They have to eat with their fingers (there are NO utensils)
  2. They get to see horses running around INSIDE
  3. They get to sing and dance in their seats and cheer WHILE eating dinner

Again, there was way more food then we could eat at one time so we got to go bags and enjoyed that meal later in the week as well!

The last place we went was the Apple Barn. Jason got the pot roast and it was delicious--if we ever go again I want it!! Like at the Old Mill everything here came with a ton of sides and they were all yummy. But my favorite part by far was the Apple Fritters and Apple Butter they bring out in the beginning. In fact we went by there another night to go to the ice cream parlor (for a HUGE banana split that was like $5) and we got a thing of Fritters to-go along with some Apple Butter. YUM!

We also enjoyed breakfast out a couple of mornings. I don't think you're allowed to go to Pigeon Forge and NOT go out for a pancake breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment