Thursday, July 2, 2009

Little Things




This past week I have rid my home of many "little things". I have 7 bags of stuff sitting in the garage ready for a donation or sale of some kind and two more that are in the trash can. I am talking the BIG green garbage bags not some wimpy little kitchen bag. Now it feels so wonderful to have gone through that much stuff but here's my question to everyone--how do you control the "little things" from taking over your house. My kids just LOVE them, littlest pet shop, legos, barbie and all her little accessories, tea sets, marbles, finger puppets, match box cars and this is just to name a few. I just don't know how some people keep all the little things under control. Do you just not let them cross your doorstep? I just don't know how that all works--if any one out there has any words of wisdom I am all ears :)

2 comments:

  1. My only working soution is to just not go shopping. For Christmas we set a budget of $100 per kid. That goes pretty fast and I was worried Mark would be disappointed, but he was just as happy as he has ever been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really good about our budget for the little kids (I think we did under $100 on the little three--Abby was only $9, she got 3 toys) But for the big kids that's harder because their items are much bigger--I don't know, maybe it's that we've been here six years and a lot of the toys we have we started collecting 10 years ago...I just need to find some solution but I am working on it!!

    ReplyDelete